CRISPR May Cure All Genetic Disease
Want a disease-free life or a baby with blue eyes? CRISPR might be mankind’s gene editing Get Out of Jail Free card, and it’s on its way.
Subscribe to our Channel:
Read the full story at:
Check out our most popular video:
Check out more Interesting Shit:
The MS-Suffering Wonder Woman of Marathon Running
10 Things in Nature That Look Like Vaginas #NSFW
More Interesting facts about Crispr:
– CRISPR is making gene editing so simple it’s almost scary.
– CRISPR stands for Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats.
– It is a simple tool scientists can use to edit and repair human,
animal and plant genes.
– Allowing them to fine-tune the genetic building blocks that make us who we are.
– Unwanted genes that carry cancer, diabetes, even HIV-can be removed and replaced.
– Researchers are predicting it could wipe out all inherited diseases within 20 years.
– Still in its infancy, CRISPR won’t see widespread human trials for several years.
– CRISPR is estimated to be 150 times cheaper than other gene modification techniques.
– The components needed to edit the genes cost just $30 USD.
– CRISPR technology isn’t just found in the lab – it’s already being used on crops.
– The technology has raised concerns about potential abuse.
Including the custom-building of embryos with specific gene strands for hair and eye color.
– A controversial, genetically-modified playing field for everyone.
About Interesting Shit?
We are committed to telling the world’s greatest stories about history, geography and world culture.
We are a group of insanely curious individuals who are inspired by the beautiful world that we live in.
The digital world has not been able to digitize all things, and so much of the stories we aim to tell are the ones that are not well known today.
The stories we tell blow our minds, and we hope that will blow your mind too. Subscribe to our newsletter so you can receive these stories regularly.
Interesting Shit is an Educational Media Company with the aim of producing snack-able handmade content, and massively distributing this content on the most popular social platforms.
Our aim is to connect curious readers with the world’s greatest stories and to build a community around history, geography and world culture.
Visit our official site at: