Global $4.88 Bn CRISPR & Cas Genes Market to 2027: Opportunities in the Expanding Gene & Cell Therapy Area & Government Fund In Genomic R&D – GlobeNewswire
Dublin, Sept. 21, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global CRISPR & Cas Genes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis by Product & Service (Vector-based Cas, DNA-free Cas, Cell Line Engineering), Application, End Use, and Segment Forecasts 2020-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) and CRISPR-associated (Cas) genes market size is expected to reach USD 4.88 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 16.6% from 2020 to 2027.
CRISPR & Cas Genes Market Report Highlights
- The product segment is anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. This is attributed to the presence of enhanced individual products that can serve multiple purposes including genome engineering, specific genome cleavage using gRNAs, easy gene knockouts, along with reduced off-target cutting, and increased specificity
- Cell line engineering services accounted for the largest market share in 2019. The development of this technology has simplified the genome engineering process to a large extent
- In biomedical applications, genome engineering held the largest revenue share in 2019 as a result of an increase in the adoption of genome editing techniques for modifications in germline and therapeutics development
- Recent advancements in CRISPR/Cas genome editing allow targeted modification in crops, thereby promising crop improvement and revenue generation in the market
- A significant number of research studies carried out to develop disease-specific novel therapies and the presence of a huge clinical pipeline that integrates the application of this gene-editing technology are expected to boost revenue generation for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies segment
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. China holds a significant position in the CRISPR market and is increasingly exploring genome-editing for the development of medicines. The country has launched several CRISPER-based clinical trials, especially for cancer treatment.
Rise in the adoption of CRISPR technology in epigenetics, therapeutics, human germline editing, plant genome editing, and other fields of biotechnology is expected to drive the market.
Presence of a large number of service providers that provide knockout, knock-in, gene repression, gene activation, and other cell line engineering services propel the growth of cell line engineering services. In biomedical applications, genome engineering held the largest revenue share in 2019. Adoption of gene editing techniques for human- and non-human-based genomic engineering is one of the key factors that drive the segment.
The molecular scissor can facilitate the detection of viruses, allowing the development of cost-effective, robust, and rapid point-of-care diagnostics. It allows the detection of viruses at a level of molecular concentration that researchers rarely assess. Sherlock Bioscience estimated that a CRISPR-powered diagnostic test would be available in the future at a reasonable price. In recent times, the most important innovation has been the development of a test for COVID-19.
In March 2020, Mesa Biotech announced FDA authorization for its Accula device, a hand-held COVID-19 diagnostic test. Similarly, in April 2020, CSIR lab announced the development of a paper-strip test for Covid-19 that uses CRISPR-Cas9 to target and identifies the genomic sequences of the virus. Unlike the PCR tests, this test is available at a very low price, USD 6.59 (INR 1 = USD 0.013). Therefore, such initiatives are expected to encourage other players to leverage this crisis and launch novel products.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot, 2019 (USD Million)
Chapter 3 Crispr And Cas Genes Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Trends & Outlook
3.2 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.3 Market Lineage Outlook
3.3.1 Parent Market Outlook
3.3.2 Related/Ancillary Market Outlook
3.4 Crispr And Cas Genes: Patent Landscape
3.4.1 By End – Use Settings
3.4.2 By Variants Of Crispr Enzymes
3.5 Penetration And Growth Prospect Mapping, By Biomedical Applications, 2019
3.6 Potential Threat Analysis To Crispr Technology
3.6.1 Variations In The Crispr System
3.7 Investors Perspective Analysis
3.8 User Perspective Analysis
3.9 Technology Mapping In Crispr Genome Editing Workflow
3.10 Developments And Innovations For Analysis Of Off – Target Effects
3.11 Crispr Technologies: Clinical Penetration
3.11.1 Human Therapeutics
3.11.3 Microbiome Research And Drug Resistance
3.11.4 Animal Disease Models
Chapter 4 Industry Outlook
4.1 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
126.96.36.199 Rising Adoption In Diverse Fields Of Biotechnology
188.8.131.52.3 Human Germline Editing
184.108.40.206.4 Tool For Qualitative And Quantitative Plant Genome Editing
220.127.116.11 Technological Advancements In Crispr
18.104.22.168 Introduction Of Anti – Crispr Protein
22.214.171.124 Ongoing Competition For Crispr Commercialization
4.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
126.96.36.199 Off – Target Effects Of Crispr Technology
188.8.131.52 Intellectual Property Disputes Pertaining To Cas
184.108.40.206 Ethical Concerns And Implications With Respect To Human Genome Editing
4.1.3 Market Opportunity Analysis
220.127.116.11 Expanding Gene & Cell Therapy Area
18.104.22.168 Government Fund In Genomic R&D
4.1.4 Market Challenge Analysis
22.214.171.124 Risks Pertaining To The Usage Of Genetically Modified Food
4.2 Policy Making & Regulation For Genetic Modification Using Crispr
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4 SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, And Technological)
Chapter 5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Companies (Diagnostic & Drug Developers) Leveraging Gene Editing Technologies
5.2 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
5.3 Market Entry Strategies
5.3.1 Crispr Therapeutics: Business Translation
5.3.2 Crispr Gene Editing Companies’ Toolboxes
5.4 Crispr And Cas Genes Market: Pipeline Analysis
5.4.1 Editas Medicine
5.4.2 Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.
5.4.3 Crispr Therapeutics
5.4.4 Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
5.4.6 Beam Therapeutics
5.4.7 Ksq Therapeutics
Chapter 6 Product & Service Business Analysis
6.1 Crispr And Cas Genes Market: Product & Service Movement Analysis
6.2 By Product
6.2.1 Global Crispr And Cas Genes Products Market, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million)
6.2.2 Kits & Enzymes
6.2.3 Global Crispr And Cas Genes Kits And Enzymes Market, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million)
126.96.36.199 Vector – Based Cas9
188.8.131.52 Dna – Free Cas9
6.2.5 Design Tools
6.3 By Service
6.3.1 Global Crispr And Cas Genes Service Market, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million)
6.3.2 Cell Line Engineering
6.3.3 Grna Design
6.3.4 Microbial Gene Editing
6.3.5 Dna Synthesis
Chapter 7 Application Business Analysis
7.1 Crispr And Cas Genes Market: Application Movement Analysis
7.2.1 Global Crispr And Cas Genes Market For Biomedical, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million)
7.2.2 Genome Engineering
7.2.3 Disease Model Studies
7.2.4 Functional Genomics
Chapter 8 End – Use Business Analysis
8.1 Crispr And Cas Genes Market: End – Use Movement Analysis
8.1.1 Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
8.1.2 Academics & Government Research Institutes
8.1.3 Contract Research Organizations (Cros)
Chapter 9 Regional Business Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
- Crispr Therapeutics
- Editas Medicine, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann – La Roche Ltd.
- Horizon Discovery Group Plc
- Danaher Corporation
- Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.
- Merck Kgaa
- New England Biolabs
- Takara Bio, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Mammoth Biosciences
- Inscripta, Inc.
- Beam Therapeutics
- PlanteditVertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
- Hera Biolabs
- Origene Technologies, Inc.
- Recombinetics, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lypwvp
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Published at Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:18:00 +0000